On Being Defined as Wife and Mother



So many women wrestle with worry about being defined as a wife to a husband or as "just" a mom. . . worried about whether or not others know of the many talents and skills that they posses outside of being the Mrs. and Mama.  I remember in my early years of motherhood, when I was mama to one, I was quick to let people know that yes, I stayed at home, BUT I was getting "such-n-such" degree in "blah, blah, blah" field, furthering my education with the full intent to pursue career, status, wealth for self, the praise of man, more dry wall . . .

PRAISE GOD for Romans 12:1-2! Don't get me wrong; I am passionate about education, as knowledge,  understanding, and wisdom begin with the LORD. #homeschoolmama  But I thank God that He changed my mind and my heart, according to His Word. The turning point began in a sweet friend's home with a small group study on the meaning of a godly wife, way back when my oldest was 8 months old.

I can't cast being a wife and mother aside as second best, as something I'm just doing right now, as something that is only blocking something greater, as though it's a pit stop along a better journey. I'm not counting down the days until my children are gone so "I can do me". Ladies, it just doesn't disappoint me to be known as the Mister's wife or as the Lady with all those children.

Since when did such a blessed position become so despised? Since when did it become embarrassing to have a rich life centered around those at home? Since when? For what reason? (I know the answer, but these questions must be asked!!!) Shame on anyone who belittles a woman for living out the very essence of womanhood, for only women can be wives and mothers.  And sisters, we must not put ourselves down. No one can love, honor, help and complement your husband like you do. No one. You were created for him; own that.  No one can raise, teach, love, correct, and build up your children like you can. Be there for them, rather than push them away.

Home is everything. The people God has given you within the walls of your home are everything. Embrace that.

#homelife #wifelife #motherhood #Biblicalwomanhood #marriage #wife #mama #Godsdesign #love #noidlebread

from my Instagram


Comments

  1. I am so proud of you my sweet daughter �� To this I say “amen” I too am honored to be a wife and mother! Such blessed roles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly with you! Although I am now an empty nester and the world around me is screaming for me to "do something" with my life, I am happy being a wife and homemaker. I look at my role as God's calling.

    I hope you get this comment. I left a comment on another post, but after hitting "publish" it disappeared, but did not post.

    Blessings,
    Patti @ Leaving a Legacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Patti!!!

      I love that in your stage as an empty-nester, you are continuing to embrace and model Biblical womanhood for others. It is God's calling for sure. . .and the younger women need the older women, according to the Scriptures, to teach them and train them and come along aside them as women of God.

      -Stacie

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts