- Who is the main character in this story? (Saint George of Merry England)
- What other name (or title) does St. George have at the beginning of the story? (The Red Cross Knight)
- What is St. George's mission? (The mission is to defeat the dragon who frightens the people of the town.)
- Who goes with him on the mission? (The princess, Una, and a dwarf come with him on the mission. The princess brings her lamb, as well.)
- When St. George battles the dragon, what does he have to protect him? Name as many things as you can think of. (St. George wears heavy armor and a helmet. He carries a shield, he has a spear, and a sword.)
- Was St. George defeated or was he victorious? (St. George is victorious after several battles with the dragon. He does not give up.)
- What happens to St. George in the end of the story? Does he keep his promise to the Fairy Queen? (Once the dragon is defeated, St. George and the princess get married. He keeps his promise to the Fairy Queen by going on brave adventures when she needs him to serve.)
I found a unit study on Saint George and the Dragon at Homeschool Share. The unit study offers many parallels between St. George and wearing the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-17), as well as some history on St. George, being a knight, and the meaning of the Red Cross and much more!
Hope this helps!!