Tough Days, Calm Days


Last week was really a trying week. My son had another MRI, and things are what they are.  More on that another time, but we continue to place our trust in God for his health and healing. These types of appointments can easily leave us exhausted and a little weary. 

But the LORD has been faithful to restore joy.  All week long, this song has been on my heart, in the middle of my prayers and tears, even when waking at night, and then again in the morning, just ringing in my ears. And, it isn't a soft, sweet hymn or a subtle song of praise. Rather, it is an attention-getting, up-beat, joyfully noisy, you-can't-still-be-sitting-down, you-gotta-hum-along, hands-in-the-air kind of song. 

In other words, I WILL open my mouth and declare His praises, no matter what. God is so faithful.

Lyrics from You Bless Me Over and Over by Fred Hammond:

"LORD, you're the apple of my eye, let me tell You why.
You always come through, that's why I put my trust in You.
You woke me this morning, new mercies I see.
Your love and Your favor still covering me.
Jesus, I'll never forget what You've done for me.
How can I forget how you set me free? You set me free.
LORD, I'm so grateful.
You've always supplied my every need.
I'll always remember where my blessings come from,
Where my blessings come from..."

I'm grateful for the way God speaks to me through song. While the lyrics soothed my soul, our homeschool/home life took an artsy turn, which was nice and calming. 

We "painted" using chalk pastels: mugs of coffee/hot chocolate, along with snowmen (and a snow mama!).





We've been sewing and crocheting:








Today is my "kitchen day", so we will bake unleavened bread (for Sunday's Communion), cookies, maybe a coffee cake, and we'll make our favorite saltine toffee.

We've had our first little snow of the season and we've been lighting fires, keeping things cozy. Husband has taken some vacation time from work and we have joined him and are enjoying a break from homeschooling.  Thank God for this time of slowing down.



"I will bless the LORD at all times; 
His praise shall continually be in my mouth." 
Psalm 34:1

Comments

  1. Your saltine toffee sounds so much fancier than my cracker candy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! I had to figure out another name for it. Somehow, Christmas Crack isn't working for me! :)

      Delete
  2. I'll have to listen to the song you shared. Your post reminded me to prepare communion for tomorrow. It was nice to read your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my thoughts here. I hope you enjoy the song!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts