Back to the Blog: Intro and Update



If you are new to my blog or have just lost track since I've not posted here regularly . . . .
W E L C O M E and H E L L O!

Introduction
My name is Stacie and I've had this blog for about 10 or 11 years now.  I love the LORD because, by His loving grace and tender mercy, He saved my soul--forever grateful.  I am a wife of 19 years to my college sweetheart, who is known on the blog as Husband (actually, I call him that in real life, too, so it works!).  I am mama to nine precious souls--raising 8 earthside, with 1 who is in Heaven with the Father.  We are in our 9th year of homeschooling and, Lord-willing, will have our 1st graduate this coming spring!




Although I've posted regularly on Instagram and a bit on Facebook, the return to this blogging space has been tugging at my heart for quite some time.  When I'm here, it's calm and slow and intentional, quite different from the "loud" pace of social media.  Perhaps it's because it's just me, my thoughts and the cursor.  No one else's pictures and words to scroll through; nothing competing for my attention at that moment. 

I hope to return more regularly to some of the simple posts of yester-year: my homeschool days/weeks, what we're learning, homemaking to share, my thoughts on marriage and motherhood, what I'm reading, updates on my children and, of course my unapologetic faith in Jesus Christ. 

I intended for this blog to not only be an expressive outlet for myself, (I love to write!) but also a record of sorts for my children--particularly my daughters (that includes my daughters-to-be: my sons' wives one day!).  I want to encourage them along the path of Biblical womanhood with pieces of my real life, even as I seek God along this same path.  



Update
Starting about 4 years ago, a series of major events unfolded in my family life.  Friends, let me tell you, it caused a shaking in our family and a time given over to much prayer.  I will document those moments from the past in the coming weeks.  Many of those moments were painful and downright scary, but through it all, God has shown Himself to be faithful.  So, I will share, because it may encourage someone else; because God works things out for the good; and because it is part of my family's story.  
  
At this point, I will not promise a certain number of posts per week for the blog, nor will I boast certain themes for certain days.  Instead I will post around the rhythms of my home life--my people come first, following the lead of the Holy Spirit.

May God be glorified!



O LORD, You are my God.
I will exalt You,
I will praise Your name,
For You have done wonderful things;
Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
Isaiah 25:1

Comments

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts