My Response on this "Women's Day"...


So blessed by God, my Creator, to be a woman, completely and thoroughly. I am thankful for Biblical womanhood and godly femininity. I am happy to clearly present this blessing of womanhood to the world: Daughter of God, wife to one man, mother of 8--7 to raise, 1 with God, and homemaker. This is the work God has given my hands to do. As a woman of God, my Lord, my home, and those within are the priority. No time to call off to prove my worth. God has given me that already.
As the late, great Elisabeth Elliot once said, "This job has been given to me to do. Therefore, it is a gift. Therefore, it is a privilege. Therefore, it is an offering I may make to God. Therefore, it is to be done gladly, if it is done for Him. Here, not somewhere else, I may learn God’s way. In this job, not in some other, God looks for faithfulness.”

Comments

  1. So beautifully said! Brought tears to my eyes. Yesterday's display was filled with anything but love and respect for others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree, not a display of love at all.

      Delete
  2. Lovely post. We housewives have the best job there is : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your soul doth make her boast the Lord, maker of Heaven and earth.

    Bless you, beautiful lady!

    *hugs*
    ~Kelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kelley. . .so sweet a comment. Hugs and God's blessings to you.

      Delete
  4. This is amazing. If you don't mind, I want to print it out and hang it over my sink to keep me reminded that my job is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Evelyn. And yes, of course, print in. So you are encouraged, all glory be to God. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts