Joy in Sorrow

In middle of this trial my family is in, it has been difficult to separate fear from reality, night from day, joy from pain, and even one day from another. Everything just runs together. We've had so many doctor appointments and phone calls and reports and instructions to keep straight.... just jumpy at the sound of the telephone ringing. We've had weapons form and attacks hurled our way. But, we have also had an outpouring of love, compassion, and the covering of prayer, some by people we don't even know.

God is still so gracious.

For months my son (5 yrs) has been asking about the things of God and his understanding amazes me at times. A few weeks ago, he told his daddy that he was ready to pray the "special prayer" to ask Jesus to be Lord and Savior of his life. I watched as they prayed together on my bedroom floor and I love that I was able to witness such a sweet moment. And, after making a public confession of faith at church, my little boy was baptized and my heart overflowed at the goodness of God. He said to me, "Mommy, I am a brother of the Lord!!" And today, he enjoyed partaking in the Lord's supper for the first time. Sweet communion.


I have been pondering these blessings (among many others) in my heart, and thought I should share to encourage you, too. God can bring joy in sorrow.
Friends, God Himself is Joy in sorrow, and I am extremely grateful.


But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob,
And He who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name;
You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the LORD your God 
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior...
-Isaiah 43:1-3a


Comments

  1. Thank you for the encouragement...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all as you work through things. Prayers for miracles, good health and healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana,
      Thank you so much for your prayers: miracles, good health and healing is exactly what is needed. God bless you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts