Hard to Breathe


Ladies, this past week has felt like months. I've lost track of time over and over.

This week, we received some difficult news, some very tough realities for our family. I am being vague intentionally, not because I'm seeking further inquiries about what's happening, but because it is a delicate matter involving one of my children. I am also writing this because I need the prayers of other believers to be offered before the Father.

Sometimes it's hard to breathe, hard to sleep, sometimes it's hard to stop the tears... struggling.
So here I am, writing, getting thoughts out, sharing with you, because maybe you're in a tough situation, too. My husband says that often, satan uses our trials to isolate us, to keep us from drawing on each other for strength. You aren't alone. I will pray for you, too. And prayerfully, very soon we can celebrate victory together.

a sign I saw in a waiting room
 In the midst of the rain, I am thankful for the blessed work of my home life to keep me busy. . . clothes I finally folded after not tending to them for a full week; little pigtails to twist; clothes to iron for church tomorrow; math grades to enter, granny squares to crochet...

my little girls'clothes

crocheted granny squares


And I've been reflecting, wanting to see God's hand in it all.... and of course, He is there... I mean way down in the details He's there. From people and places, timing and events, He's there. He knew we would have this moment in time to face, and He has taken the time to see about my family. And we are grateful.

So, as folks keep telling us, it is one day at a time around here. I'm counting my blessings each day, willing myself to put one foot in front of the other, while looking to the hills. . .


I will lift up my eyes to the hills—

From whence comes my help?

My help comes from the Lord,

Who made heaven and earth.

Psalm 121: 1-2







Comments

  1. Stacie, we will be praying for you and your family, especially that you will find peace and comfort through the Father during this time. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband is wise. Mine is,too. He says that since we are Christians, we have a giant target on our chests for the fiery arrows of the evil one.

    You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, wise men.
      Thank you so much for praying, Jody.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear. I hope things are better. I'll be keeping you in prayer. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still so much to walk through...Thank you so much for your prayers, Jen.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts