Book Review: NKJV Study Bible for Kids

Here we are with yet another Bible review. If you can't tell by now, we like Bibles!! Honestly, I want my children to have unrestricted access to the Word of God, to be comfortable using it and reading it, to know it and cherish it. So, I figure, having a lot of Bibles on hand can't hurt.

When I agreed to review this Bible, I had my 13 year old daughter in mind. The cover is bright and colorful; it's page edges are in ombre from pink and purple to blue and yellow. That look is definitely her cup of tea. It's a paper back, which I'm not a big fan of, generally because we are (unintentionally) hard on books, so wear and tear will show much faster.

My daughter enjoys the timelines, Bible history facts, and the maps that are interspersed throughout the text. "Action" boxes with biblical suggestions for facing common situations in life such as being compassionate, dispelling doubt, and remaining hopeful are encouraging to read. Each book of the Bible is introduced with who wrote it, when and why it was written, a short summary of the book, as well as key verses. There are also "Starring Roles" sections that highlight major personalities throughout the Bible that describe the person and his or her significance in God's plan.





My daughter's only criticism is that she wishes the Dictionary/Concordance was a bit more in-depth with more terms and fuller explanations. She uses this Bible each day during our family Bible study time. I appreciate that it is written in the NKJV, which is the version we read and memorize as a family.

Overall, I would say this is a great kids study Bible complete with useful tools. I would recommend it more specifically for girls (ages 8 and up) due to the color scheme.

(I received copies of this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.)

Comments

Popular Posts