The Apostle's Creed



And they continued steadfastly
in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship,
in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Acts 2:42

Here's a bit of a homeschool confession:
We don't routinely say the Pledge of Allegiance in our homeschool. In fact, we rarely say it at all. (Hopefully, most of you are still with me! 😊)

We are not "unpatriotic" and are grateful to live in our country, so no worries. My older children know what the Pledge of Allegiance is and what it says, and my little ones will learn about it, too. However, we don't feel it's necessary to recite each day. Instead, we treat it more as a fact to know about our nation's history, or as part of a unit study/topic of interest when discussing our country, its laws, and government, etc.

Honestly though, at the end of the day, I want my children's strongest allegiance to be found in Christ alone. 

In the last year or so, we've begun reciting The Apostle's Creed with other Believers at Church every time we share in the Lord's Supper. And I thought, "Now that is something I wouldn't mind us saying each day as part of our morning routine!" So, we recite it most mornings after Bible study and Scripture memory. 

I am thrilled that my children are memorizing the doctrine of our Faith, and that we are able to discuss truth with them, helping them to understand, on a daily basis. Even my littlest ones join in, and ask questions. Just beautiful, y'all! The Apostle's Creed is also something we've studied over the years in our history lessons, so it's a good fit for our family.

If you're interested, I've made a free printable available below. It's nothing fancy and is very simple. Enjoy!!


Are you familiar with the Apostle's Creed? What things do you recite daily as a family?

Comments

Popular Posts