After the Temple Cleansing



During Holy Week, we hear often about our Lord's actions on Monday. . .how He cleansed the temple, ridding it of the moneychangers who would impose extra financial burdens upon the people who were coming to worship. And then what happens next is just as beautiful!

He welcomes the lame and the blind and He heals them,  and He encourages the children, even the babies and nursing infants, to worship His holy Name.

I can't help but think of how many times I've been "blind" in my thoughts, "lame" in my walk with Him, yet He welcomes me, waiting to heal me. And in the midst of my child-like ways, he doesn't reject my praise, but accepts it and encourages it.

And, all the while, He's still healing me and cleansing this old temple of mine.
What a loving Savior, mighty and wonderful in His power.


Comments

Popular Posts