A Bit of My Story

Hi Ladies!

Today, I am featured at My Joy-Filled Life, where Sarah runs a series called Mom 2 Mom Mondays: a place where women share their experiences about motherhood in hopes to encourage one another.

Photobucket
 
Today I am guest-posting my story from the past. Some of  you may recall this when I shared it before, but maybe not. I'm telling it again because through a difficult journey, God has done wondrous things. Here's a snippet:


So much has transpired. . .spiritually, emotionally, physically. . .Where do I begin? I want to share this. . .it may be broken, fragmented, too long, no pictures, but I need to let it out...may God bless someone else who knows this road I've traveled--may He be glorified.
In the Spring of 2010, the Lord allowed my husband and I to conceive. We were excited in many ways, but for many of the wrong reasons. Let me be clear that we wanted each and every child we were blessed to conceive, however, my heart wasn't altogether right. You see, I thought I had something to do with it. Yes, I know, of course I did, but to a very limited extent. Besides my Husband and I joining intimately as one, the rest is up to God.
However, I always thought I could control things. . . control when and where we'd be intimate so I could conceive when I thought I was most fertile. Plan and date and look at calendars on the best times to try, you know, when we were ready. I received and accepted the advice that my children must be "x" number of years apart, so I planned for that. "Eat a special diet, stay away from certain things, stand on your head after intimacy. . .you're sure to conceive." Without going into all the details (at least for now) of the many ways I tried to control things (because there were many ways), I think you get the picture. . .
To read the rest of this post about the ways God changed my heart, please join me at My Joy-Filled Life to read A Mother's Confession: Of Sorrow and Joy (Part 1).




Comments

Popular Posts