A Child-like Experience with the Lord



Having a newborn always gives me time. . . With every feeding, I must stop what I'm doing and focus my attention on my baby, which gives me time to think, pray, weigh matters of my heart . . .  or just stare at all that cuteness. :)

One thing I noticed about Baby J is the way he has a "total body reaction" to everything.

When the kids scream too loudly, he shakes and startles from head to toe.
Some times he's crying and upset--arms flailing and legs kicking. But when I speak to him sweet, soothing words, his body goes still, he quiets himself, eyes wide, taking in the sound of my voice.
Then when he's hungry and needs to be fed, as soon as he begins to suckle, his face is intent, he clenches his fists, and straightens his legs out, spreading his toes.

He takes it all in and has a total body experience.
Watching him makes think of this:
"Assuredly, I say to you,
whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child
 will by no means enter it."
-Luke 18:17
 
And then I begin to think, how do I experience God and His Word? Am I merely letting it brush my lips, barely tasting, hardly experiencing? Am I distant, walking away unsatisfied and unfulfilled?
 
Or do I drink it in, down to the last drop? Am I letting Him wash over me and letting His Word flow through me, head to toe? Am I experiencing Him fully, so I come away completely satisfied, yet waning more?
 
May I receive the Lord--may I receive His Word, His will, His love, His healing, His correction, His way, His guidance, His protection. May I receive Him fully, allowing Him to cover completely--a total body experience.
 
Then they also brought infants to Him that He might touch them;
but when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them.
But Jesus called them to Him and said, “Let the little children come to Me,
and do not forbid them;
for of such is the kingdom of God.
-Luke 18:15-16

 
 
Linked with:



 
 

Comments

  1. I really needed this now. babies do have away of forcing us to slow down and reflect. :-) It is so very easy for me to get caught up in the cares of this life that I forget to partake fully of, and reflect on God's Word. Blessings on you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lexy, how are you?
      Children teach us so much, don't they?

      God bless you and yours!!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful thoughts Stacy. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you.
      I hope you are well!!

      Take care,
      Stacie

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts