Fun with Love, Art, and History




In my life this week…
    Two doctor's appointments for the little one in the womb this week. Things are well, praise God! My placenta has moved far away from my cervix, so that's good news. And they think the baby currently weighs 5lb 7oz (approximately), so we'll see what that will all add up to in the end!
    I've been having some fun flirting with my husband, on purpose. He's had a bit of a stressful week at work and the flirting has helped to lift my husband's mood. You can read about it HERE.
In our homeschool this week…
    My kiddos are putting in hard work!! They are counting down to the 100th day of school, so they haven't been so pleased with the doctor's interruptions this week. We have 8 more school days to go before our 100th day celebration!!
    The kids are still having a lot of fun studying England during the Middle Ages. The knights, the conquests, the battles, the castles, kings and queens--they are just taking it all in! Here are some of the books that we're reading during this unit:
    
    The Apple and the Arrow
    A Proud Taste for Scarlet and Miniver
    Castle Diary: The Journal of Tobias Burgess
     
    We've been doing a Scripture count down to Valentine's Day. Each day this month, we've read a Scripture about love. I made one of these:
    Our day for art and music was a busy one (re: doc's appt.), so I found a quick (and highly successful!) painting project. My kids painted pictures using Q-tips. It turned out great and was easy, too. Here are the paintings my daughters did:
    
     
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
    Let your kids make sound effects to accompany your read alouds!!!! (Why didn't I think of this before?!?!)
    Auditory learning, for the most part, is not my children's first preference. They would rather see it or read it for themselves. Even so, I still would like to train their ears just a bit so that they improve in this area, so I do this with read-alouds. Any way, during the course of our read-aloud this week,  I thought, "Why not let them make sound effects?!" That was it! Everyone perked up, waiting to be the next to make a sound. This helped them pay attention to what was going on. (In other words, no more glassy-eyed-I'm-so-bored looks!)
I am inspired by…
    Mothers who lovingly embrace motherhood, no matter what season of mothering they find themselves in.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
    A dear friend of mine, who is also expecting, met me at the doctor's office for a clothing swap. I gave her back some maternity clothes that she had given to me last year. I am much further along than she is and there were many pieces that I could no longer wear--meaning my belly was just completely busting out of those shirts! LOL We've done this for the last 6 years or so and I am blessed to have her as a friend/sister.
My favorite things this week were…
    Hearing my oldest son pray, unashamedly, from his heart.
    My youngest son wrapping his little arms around my neck to give me a hug.
What’s not working for us…
    Latin. I'm having a hard time putting it into our days. My daughter loves to learn it, but some days it just seems like there's no room. I need to correct this somehow. Any suggestions???
Questions/thoughts I have…
    Easter is coming early this year. . . Mmm. . .I need some plans.
Things I’m working on…
    Planning for my daughter's 8th birthday. She's born the day after Valentine's Day. I'm thinking I can make something like this for her, using her (current) favorite colors of pink, purple, orange and green:
 
I’m grateful for…
    Every day.
I’m praying about…
    Many things.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
God bless!

Comments

  1. I am doing the q-tip painting tomorrow! Great ideas! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farmlife Chick,

    Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy the Q-tip painting.

    Take care,
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Q-tip paintings are cute. I like how you have incorporated the true purpose of love with your Valentine Day scripture art. Children these days really need to know what true love is in this loveless world.

    I'm glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well also. Thanks for the updates. :)


    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mara!

    Thank you for your sweet encouragement, as always. I pray you are well!

    Take care,
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts