A Bit of Fun!




We've been having fun the past few days around the No Idle Bread household!

Last week my family and I celebrated Valentine's Day. (You can read here about the ways God changed my heart and how my husband I celebrate each year.)

My children enjoyed doing a Scripture countdown to Valentine's Day:


A few years ago, we started a tradition of my husband getting our daughters a Valentine's treat, while I do the same for our sons. This year, my husband decided to take our oldest son to get a treat for us ladies, as well. . .it was so cute! He chose Fun Dips (candy) for the girls, and a bag of Fritos for me! He knew mama was craving some chips! So, my girls wrote out some lovely thank-you notes for their dad and brother.

My babes on Valentine's Day

My "goofy" babes on Valentine's Day

I made a new yummy dessert: Strawberry Fudge! You can check out the original recipe below, but I'll tell you now, it's super easy!
You need:
1 can of strawberry frosting
1 bag of white chocolate chips.

Melt the chocolate (double-boiler or microwave) and add the frosting and mix together well.
Spray a 9x9 inch pan with cooking spray and then spread the frosting/chocolate mixture evenly in the pan.
Chill in the 'fridge for 30 minutes and then cut into squares or heart shapes!


Husband took us all out to dinner. Every restaurant near us was SUPER crowded and there was no way our hungry family of 6 wanted to wait in long lines. We looked across the street from the restaurant we had considered and there was a different restaurant, its parking lot pretty empty except a few cars here or there.
So, do you want to know where we went? To good ol', empty-parking-lot-no-wait Bob Evans!! And guess what?? The kids ate free that night--what a blessing!

After getting home that night and getting the little ones into bed, I had some birthday decorating to do! The day after Valentine's Day is my youngest daughter's birthday!!!

I made cupcakes for her special day:
 
Cupcake balloons
My baby girl (TM) is 8 years old!!!
Since we don't have school on birthdays,
she declared it was a pajama day!
We celebrated TM's day by having a game day. We played Sorry, Simon Says, Hot & Cold, played the Wii, had a pillow fight, and we even did a limbo line once my husband came home. We used the broom and it was a lot of fun! There were many laughs all around. Even the baby tried to limbo!! LOL


Next up on our fun list is the 100th day of school! It looks like we'll make 100 days this Friday!!!

{I'm thanking God for the little, simple things in life that I treasure most!}
God bless you!

Comments

  1. Your children are SO CUTE! I love all your craft ideas and wish I could be so creative. Blessings to you all, and I'm praying for you and your little one. Know what you mean about craving chips--when preggy, I needed salty stuff, not the sweets.

    in Christ, Gin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gin!
    Let me just say that I am NOT the most creative person, but Pinterest has made a way for me!! LOL

    Thank you so much for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts