Pumpkin Bread, A Shawl, and A Baby

     
In my life this week…
    Just the regular happy bustle of home life. . .cooking, cleaning, children and the like. I'm blessed to be a wife to a loving Husband, who is yearns to do the will of God. He'll tell you that he's not perfect, but I am thankful for a willing heart. I also shared this week how God has blessed our family: we're expecting another bundle of joy and we are so grateful for God's Grace.
In our homeschool this week…
 
Lots of good solid work. My girls are moving into new Math books; they're my little math machines. My son has just 8 lessons left in his reading book and he has become quite the reader! We've also collected and pressed leaves from the back yard. We are attempting to preserve the leaves using Modge Podge, so that we can decorate the house with them.
 
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
    There are SO MANY tips and tricks for homeschooling on Pinterest. I am totally a fan! BUT, keep in mind, not everything you find will work for you. :) I found this out from experience!
I am inspired by…
    . . . people who believe in me, stick by me, and celebrate with me.
 
My favorite thing this week was…
    Well, this actually happened a few weeks ago, but I still want to share. I was putting my older son (5yrs.) to bed and I said, "Good night. I love you." He said, "Mommy, I want to tell you that I love everything about you." Talk about a Mama's heart melting!!!!!
What’s working for us…
    Our chore system is working pretty well for us. I'm so glad we started using it this summer, especially now. Our youngest babe is just 10 months old, and with another on one the way, having a chore system has been a blessing to our home. My children (especially my girls--9 & 7yrs) are a BIG help to me in so many ways!
Things I’m working on…
    I'm beginning to brainstorm for the upcoming holiday season. I want to try a few new dishes for Thanksgiving and I want to give more handmade gifts during Christmas.
    I finally finished crocheting my fall wrap! I used yarn I had left over from a blanket I'd made along with yarn I'd originally purchased for a different project. The yarns complemented each other well. Here's a look:
     
    The colors might be hard to see. . just think fall blues, browns, golds, oranges!
    My daughter wanted to model it, too! :)

    I’m cooking…
    I made a cream cheese pumpkin bread this week and it was a winner! Click the picture for the recipe (I found it on Pinterest.)
    Pinned Image
This is certainly not my picture above, but it is from the original source. But, mine came out just as beautiful, except I can't show you because my family and I have already eaten half of it!
Some notes about the recipe: 1)It calls for cloves and ginger, and I don't have either of those. I used all spice as a substitute for both and it turned out great! 2)It says to divide the batter between 3 mini-loaf pans and I don't have those either. So, I just used a regular sized loaf pan and it turned out just fine!
 
 
I’m grateful for
    . . .my faith in Jesus.
I’m praying for…
 
. . . my brother.
 
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
    Yes! We need people to stand for Him.
     
    .

Comments

  1. Love the fall wrap! Congrats on your pregnancy. I am going to check out your Pinterest boards. I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chaos Cottage,

    Thanks for stopping by. And thank you so much for you kind comments!
    I'll look out for you on Pinterest as well.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so happy to read you are expecting another! How wonderful. Pumpkin bread, yum!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thank you Jennifer!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the baby on the way! Lots of prayers going up for you and your family. :)

    Also...the poncho turned out beautifully! I've been thinking of whipping one up for myself. Wiht my limited skills anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thanks so much, Caroline!

    And many prayers for you and yours and your big day approaches! I pray for a smooth labor and delivery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm considering pinterest, in all my free time. =) I sew historical costumes so I'm especially interested in it from that angle.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie,

    I know what you mean. It seems like joining Pinterest means there's just one more thing to check online! But there are some interesting ideas on there. . .it's good for weekend nights when everyone is sleeping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this---
    I am inspired by…

    . . . people who believe in me, stick by me, and celebrate with me.

    And that bread looks soooo good! I love pumpkin anything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kimberly,

    Thanks for visiting. Let me tell you, the bread was good. :) Let me know if you try it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts