Brownies, Chick-Fil-A, and a Generator


In my life this week…
    God is showing me how to trust in Him. As a song once said, "I'm leaning, depending on Jesus, every step of the way. . ."
    Also, we are having a generator installed (as I type this). The black out we experienced early last month was such a doozey for our family, my husband could take it no longer. The power always goes out in our area--just let one little wind gust come through and it's over! But this time around, we lost so much food, gas stations were running out of gas, hotels were completely booked, grocery stores and restaurants were closed. . .it was pretty chaotic.
In our homeschool this week…
    Lots of math. My girls are little math machines! And, we're continuing to learning about ancient Rome and Julius Caesar. Caesar was one character! New materials for the upcoming year are starting to arrive in the mail--exciting!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
    We went to Chick-Fil-A on Wednesday to show our support for a Christian who was unashamed to share his religious convictions concerning a Biblical definition of marriage--one man, one woman. My children and I went for lunch and my husband went after dinner. We were both supported and attacked for our actions. But, our conviction about marriage remains. . .God's Word cannot lie.
My favorite thing this week was…
    Talking to my brother on the phone. We live in different states (13 hour drive!) and I miss him dearly.
What’s working/not working for us…
    Scripture memory is working very well for all, including me. Memorizing the books of the Bible is going well, too. So far, we're all the way up to Ezra. It's amazing how much little ones can memorize!
Things I’m working on…
    Trying to flesh out a new daily school schedule for the fall, since my little JR will officially be in kindergarten this year. I'm also trying to take the time to plan art, music, and health a bit more thoroughly than last year, especially art. It does NOT come naturally to me, but my oldest has natural talent. So she's pushing me to stay on top of things! 
I’m crocheting…
    A little bag that I can use to store all of my grocery bags in. I reuse and recycle all plastic shopping bags, but I need a better way to store them.  The pattern is originally meant to hold a 2-liter soda bottle, but I thought it would be great for the plastic bags. I'm making the one on the left, except I'm using all blue.
Americana Evaporative Beverage Cooler -- #knit and #crochet patterns
"Americana Evaporative Beverage Cooler"
from lionbrand.com.
I’m cooking…
    The girls and I made brownies! We got the recipe from Pinterest and it's so yummy. The only thing I would change is the salt--I'd halve it or ditch it altogether, but other than that, it's a keeper. More than half the pan is gone and we just made them Wednesday night! Go HERE for the recipe.
    
    Cream Cheese Brownies with Chocolate Frosting ..GOTTA TRY!!!
    This pic is from the original recipe blog post.
    Don't they look good?
I’m grateful for…
    so many things; if I had ten thousand tongues it still wouldn't be enough to say, "Thank You, Lord!"
I’m praying for…
    my Dad.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Comments

  1. I love these overview posts! Gives us a little window into your world. May He continue to bless your sweet family as you seek to glorify in all your thoughts, words, and actions!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anne!!!

    Thanks for reading about our week. May God bless you all as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post thanks for sharing i found you thrue other follower..looking for to visit more...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good to hear how things are progressing in your home. I had to smile when you mentioned that your daughters were little "math machines." Ha, ha! :) I'm glad they enjoy it. Math used to be one of my favorite subjects.

    Best of luck with your crochet project. That's a skill/talent that I don't possess. I hope you'll share the finished project with us on your blog.

    Blessings to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My diary. . .

    Thanks, so much!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mara,

    Math was probably not my favorite, but I'm glad to see that they like it so far.

    Thank you; crochet I can do, but knitting and sewing are another story. I hope to learn them one day.

    I'm glad these posts aren't a bore!:)
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts