School Year Winds Down






  • In my life this week…
  • I was very busy preparing for our homeschool portfolio review meeting. This can be stressful in many ways because I'm compiling materials, filling out forms, and lugging it all to the library for the meeting. Then to top it all off, there was some confusion about the day/time for my appointment and I ended up being double-booked with someone else. So, after about 2 1/2 hours I was finally able to get my portfolio approved and get back home. It went well, though, and I am thankful.



  • In our homeschool this week…
  • We are finishing up our first, official year of homeschooling!! I am so grateful for the way the Lord has brought us through and showed us a different path for educating our children. We will continue with a lighter schedule throughout the summer (continuing to focus on Bible, math, and grammar). But for now, we have declared a 2 week break!



  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
  • Practice piano in the morning!! I found that works best for us, while I'm feeding the baby/cooking breakfast. The kids are fresh and willing to give it full attention. We used to do it at the end of our school day and I saw that by then, the kids were losing focus . . .or we began to neglect it. Also, everyone is wide awake. (Translation: No more interrupting baby's afternoon nap!)



  • I am inspired by…
  • ...my children's developing faith in God.



  • Things I’m working on…
  • Since my sweet baby boy was born right in the middle of our school year, my house is in NEED of a good, thorough, top to bottom, room to room, deep cleaning. We've also been schooling temporarily in the kitchen since the baby was born, so I'm moving things back to the school room. The kids miss it in there. So, guess what I'll be doing during our 2 week break???????



  • I’m cooking…
  • ...cream cheese biscuits. I found them on the beloved Pinterest!
    Pinned Image
    Recipe & Photo Credit
     Also, my daughters and I are supposed to make berry smoothies tomorrow from a cookbook they got from the library. They're so excited! :)



  • I’m grateful for…
  • ...every blessing God gives.



  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

  • My boys :)
    
    Photo Credit
    

    Comments

    1. What an eventful year for you. The first year of homeschooling and a new baby! It sounds like all is going well for you. Praise God! I'm so happy for you.
      Blessings~

      ReplyDelete
    2. ugh - portfolio time. Always my least favorite time. So glad it worked out and it's now over for you!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hey Jennifer,

      I know, we've had a busy, but super blessed year. Thanks for your friendship out here in the blogosphere! You're an inspiration to me.

      Take care!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi Stef,

      Thanks for visiting! I need to think of ways to minimize the "stress" surrounding portfolio time. Any suggestions? Thankfully, I made it through.

      Take care!

      ReplyDelete
    5. We finished school about a week ago. We also plan to take a two week break and do light work for the rest of June and July. I opted to have the kids tested. Got the results back and am thrilled! Will have to post about it on my blog.

      I hope all is well. Long time no talk.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hey Desiree! It's good to hear from you.

      My state doesn't give the option to have the kids tested in lieu of a portfolio review. I'm glad you got great results back, though!! I'll be looking for your post!

      Take care and happy summer!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Piano was a little neglected in our house, too. My daughter will start back practicing tomorrow after taking a week off, but she is taking a break for the summer. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

      ReplyDelete
    8. Hi Latonya,

      Thanks for returning the visit! I'm supposed to be learning piano along with the kids. Hopefully I can get back to practicing, too.

      Happy summer to you!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Comments are always welcomed!!

    Popular Posts