Break: Week 1




In my life this week…
I've been cleaning!!! I have been so glad to tackle my housework head on. I know that sounds strange--who wants to scrub toilets?! But, seriously, I'm glad to get my house in order again. No matter how many children you already have, having a baby changes everything!

In our homeschool this week…
We've completed week 1 of our 2 week break! No school work, but everyone does have to read each day. And, the girls still practice piano! The kids are really enjoying the break. They've been watching a few of their favorite shows and movies, playing lots of board games, pretending the laundry room is a clubhouse, eating popsicles at bedtime, and they even got to play outside again!

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Don't be afraid to take a break! I was, for fear that we wouldn't finish everything. When the baby was born, we took about 5 weeks off and I've felt like we've been behind ever since. But, we've worked hard and are due a bit of rest.

I am inspired by…
Christian wives and mothers who are willing to honestly share their journeys. . . there is so much to learn when we open up to each other.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Pediatrician and ENT for baby JD. . .praise the Lord, he is well!

My favorite thing this week was…
I've been able to sleep in a few days this week, and getting back to more routine exercise.

What’s working for us…
A Scripture memory system, found HERE. We needed a better way to memorize Scripture and this works so well for us. This system, at first glance may seem complicated, but it really isn't. If you're looking to memorize Scripture, please check the site out; there's even a video explaining it all!

Things I’m working on…
Piecing together new curriculum materials for the next level. It's exciting this time around because I have a better idea of what works for us and what does not, and what I need to do differently. Year 2 of homeschooling, here we come!!!

I’m grateful for…
The love my Saviour has for me.

I’m praying for…
Husband, children, parents, brother.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
"Hiding God’s Word in your heart is not a race; it’s a lifelong habit."

Comments

  1. Hi Stacie,
    I enjoyed this blog post! I find it quite interesting the way the Bible verses will be remembered.
    It looks like a fun system.

    I want to say that I am positive you have found your niche with your children and what you do with and for your family!

    As I watched you grow up I often wondered what you might be doing as an adult. :)

    I knew that whatever it was you would give it your fullest attention and do your very best as you had in all the things you had already done.

    I am proud of you my dear, sweet, daughter and I am thankful that God allowed me to be your Mom.

    I'm enjoying the journey with you!!! :)

    I Love You,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this comment, Mom. How sweet!

    Yep, here I am as an adult and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised at the ways God is using me for my family. I love it!

    I love you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote! "not a race... a lifelong habit" I've been memorizing with my kids for the Bible Bee this summer, but at times it feels like a race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer,

    I've felt like we were "behind" in memorizing Scripture, when I compare myself to what others are learning around the bloggosphere. When I saw this quote, I knew it was for me.

    Take care, and all the best in the Bible Bee!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts