Early in the Morning

One thing I must admit I have struggled with, is consistent, personal, unhurried quiet time with the Lord.
I may read/study the Word with my children, or reflect on Scripture with Husband, but my own personal quiet time with the Lord is something I must be more diligent about. I know life is life and as such, it can be full and even overflow with "this and that."

But even still, the Lord is calling. . .

I've tried afternoon study time and before bed quiet time and these, my friends, don't always work for me. During the day, there is housework to be done, errands to run, and kids to tend to. My evenings are full with family activities, time with Husband, bedtime routines--by the day's end, I'm completely spent.

But even still, the Lord is calling. . .

During the family time we spent over the Holidays, the Lord impressed upon my heart, "Stacie, seek Me early in the morning." Oh, how I wish my first response had been "Yes, Lord!" Instead it was more like, "But I'm so tired, Lord! Don't You see all that's going on? What about my sleep time?" {How selfish and vain!!}

But even still, the Lord is calling. . .

"My heart has heard You say, 'Come and talk with me.'
      And my heart responds, 'Lord, I am coming.'”
-Psalm 27:8 (NLT)

"When You said, 'Seek My face,'
         My heart said to You, 'Your face, LORD, I will seek.'”
-Psalm 27:8 (NKJV)

After one daughter's surgery and my other daughter's illness, I felt a bit worn. But still, the Lord challenged me to make this tiny sacrifice for Him. . .early in the morning. I purposed in my heart that I would heed His call to me. So this week, after Husband has gone to work and before my little ones wake, I've been getting up in the 6:00 am hour to spend quiet time with my Lord. I leave my Bible downstairs on purpose, so that I literally have to get up to do this. It is still dark and everything is peaceful and I'm able to still myself before the Lord.

As much as I want to squeeze in extra sleep (I am so NOT a morning person, more like a "night owl"), it has been a blessing. There is something about seeking God early in the morning, for me, that is just renewing.** Before "life" has had the chance to "attack" me with all of its duties and all of its neediness, before I am distracted by whatever it is I just HAVE to get done, I have a sense of peace because I already spent time before the Lord.

While the Lord was dealing with me about this, I found an opportunity to join other women in quiet time accountability. Now this may not be for everyone, but it was just the encouragement I needed. Angela and Courtney @ GoodMorningGirls host a quiet time accountability for women, 3 months at a time. This particular session runs from January 15th-April 15th.

The idea is to join with a group of women who will wake each morning around the same hour, have their quiet times and then contact each other (email) with what they read, prayer requests, and the like, Mon.-Fri. The main purpose is to keep each other encouraged in our walk with Christ. I'm partnered up with my Mom right now, but if there are any ladies interested in joining us, feel free to let me know. Or if you want to form your own group, just click HERE to join or for more information.

To find GoodMorningGirls was just further confirmation for me of what God already placed in my heart. Please pray for me as I submit myself to the Lord. God bless you, Ladies, as we strive to be more like Him.

"And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."
-Jeremiah 29:13

**{Ladies, please note that I am not suggesting that every one's quiet time must come in the morning. Do as God leads you, when it's right for your household. Sometimes it is effected by your season in life. For example, a new baby in the house can make things tricky or an illness may slow you down, etc.}


This post is linked HERE @ Women Living Well. 

Comments

  1. Stacie - this is something I struggle with too. I know my days go better when I have peaceful, uninterrupted quiet time int he morning, when I give my FIRST AND BEST, to God.... but I wake up with so many things on my mind that I know I need to get done, that I feel like i can't just relax, breathe and let God speak to me. You know? I can't quiet the to-do list in my head down enough to hear God's still, small voice. I'm working on it,a nd praying about it, but I am encouraged that you've been transparent and talked about the same struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowflakes/Hotcakes,

    Hey there! I am glad you are encouraged, to God be the glory. I shared this because often times satan tries to make us think we're alone in our struggles. But that is not the case!

    I'll be in prayer with you, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful article. I think we all at times struggle with this. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacie,

    You're not alone in your struggles. Actually, since I am currently involved with a 90-Day Bible challenge, I do make time for the Lord each day. However, I know that I could spend "more time," and when the bible challenge is finished, I will need to be more consistent again.

    At any rate, your post today was excellent, and I appreciated the fact that you were humble enough to share with us some of your struggles.

    Take care Dear Mother.

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa,

    Thanks for your thoughts. Yes, it has been a struggle, but the Lord is molding me.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lady Rose!

    Thanks for your kind words. I thought about doing the 90 day Bible challenge. How's that going? I'll be looking out for any posts you may write about it. Thanks for your encouragement; it's a blessing, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too struggle with this. I joined a Good Morning Girls homeschooling group to help me be better at this. Thanks for your encouraging word today!!

    Be Blessed!
    Shawnee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shawnee,

    Thanks so much for stopping by. Good Morning Girls was right on time for me too. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts