Update Fall Challenge: Week 5--What's That Smell?

Here we are Ladies, at the end of my 5 week challenge for peace in my home. I must say that it has all been helpful; I'm being more mindful, more intentional about creating an atmosphere of peace.  It is my job to make my home a haven and the Lord has used this challenge to remind me of ways I can do just that.

This week we were to focus on the kitchen--cooking food that blesses our home with a wonderful aroma. Just the smell of some foods alone evoke pleasant memories for me from my childhood. So here's what I did for my family:

Banana Bread and Apple Cake
This portion of the challenge was right on time, as I've been in a bit of a baking mood for the past few weeks or so. My bananas looked like this. . .

They were just begging to become banana bread!
. . .so I made banana bread from my mom's recipe, which I'll share in another post. I also made apple cake (several times!) with a recipe I got here from Views from the Farmstead.  Although mine doesn't look as good as hers, it tastes and smells AMAZING! My family loves it. Here are a few pics: 

The girls and I were baking apple cake.
But look closely. . .we had a visitor!

SJ leveling the flour
TM scooping more flour
SJ dumping the apples in

2 apple cake loaves and banana bread; yummy!
Both apple cake loves and the banana bread were gone in a week! Although I wouldn't say I'm the best cook in the world, I do love making things my family enjoys eating. "Tates good" equals "feel good", and that's one small way I can add a little peace in my home. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed this challenge. I hope you all have enjoyed reading about my experiences with it. If you participated in this challenge, I'd love to know how it worked for you.

God bless and until next time. . .Peace!

{This post is linked here at WomenLivingWell
and also here at RaisingHomemakers.}

Comments

  1. Stacie - I left you a comment back over on my blog, but i just wanted to hop over here and say what a blessing it has been to have you visit my blog lately!!! :-) You are so encouraging to me, and it makes me happy to see your comments every time one pops up. I am also so encouraged by your gratitude challenge this month - reading about your folks made me think on what a blessing my parents have been to me too!!! It's clear by your sweet spirit that you were raised with so much love! And your apple cake looks incredible. :-) Thanks again for stopping by! I'm glad you found my blog, and that I found yours:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowflakes to Hotcakes,
    Thanks for coming over to leave a comment. I'm glad we found each other's blogs too! I know it's "online" but good people are good people, no matter where you find them. Thanks for your sweet words!!!! I'll definitely be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm. I can practically smell those treats through the computer!

    I am so happy you are enjoying making your home a haven. Your girls look happy too.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts