Like a Sister to Me

SJ and god-sis playing with Play-Doh
Today, I am thankful for my god-sister.

My parents' god-daughter, a truly sweet person, my "big sis."

She's the sister I never had! She lived with our family during a portion of my childhood and has been in my life for as long as I can remember. My mom says that I learned to walk as a baby because I was trying to keep up with her and some of my older cousins.


As a young girl, I remember watching her style hair--in many different ways (and many different colors!) LOL! I remember watching the way she wrote when she did her homework or when writing a note. Her handwriting is so distinct, one I will forever be able to recognize. (Truth be told, I used to try to write like her sometimes!) I got to experience some "sisterly" things because of her, like taking over her old clothes!!! And let me just say, that was always a treat because my god-sister is such a fashionista!!



God-sis and TM snuggling up! 
 When I was getting married, she went with me to pick out things for the ceremony. She was my matron of honor. She stuck with me during such a wonderfully stressful time in my life. {{Thanks, girl!!}} And even now, she is a great friend, who will always be honest with me. I love her!


{This post is linked here.}

I thank God for my god-sister!



{Click here for the reason behind this post.}

Comments

  1. How lucky you are to have each other! Thanks for sharing her with us, she sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Village. . .,
    She is definitely wonderful!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts