M-U-S-I-C

Today I am thankful for music. I love MUSIC!!

Growing up, my house was full of music. Both my parents always had some song in their hearts, ranging from gospel to jazz, from old rhythm and blues to a little country. I can't help but to love the sound of good music. When I was little, my uncle had a band that practiced in my Granny's basement. My brother and I used to sit on the basement steps to watch them practice every chance we got.

Music is great and it gracefully speaks to us all, no matter what walk of life we come from.
Oh, but when music is coupled with the message of Jesus' love to a lost world, it is then that music becomes GRAND!! I love old hymns, spirituals, and of course good ol' gospel music! I'm thankful that God uses music to speak His love and peace into my soul.

I'm thankful that I can worship God with my voice in song. I'm thankful that Husband and I can belt out a tune of praise to the Lord together. I'm thankful that I can use the words to many songs to teach my children about God. I'm thankful that we can turn music on and dance around the house, having a good time together. Music is an awesome gift God has given us. I can't imagine a day without it.

 
{This post is linked here.}


I thank God for music.
{Click here for the reason behind this challenge.}







Comments

  1. I love music too~ALL kinds! And it's such a blessing to have a song in our hearts! Have a happy wonderful day! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is a big part of our family, too. In the evenings after supper and showers, my husband, Jim usually plays his banjo with Heather as she plays the piano. My parents live with us, so the three of us, having no musical talent, are the audience. Gospel Bluegrass, hymns and old songs (1800 - mid 1900) are are favorites

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way music can change the tone of my household.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! I couldn't live without it. Even when I was a baby, there was always music. My life has a soundtrack, and I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacie,

    This is my first time visiting and commenting at your blog.

    I just read three of your thankful posts (the ones concerning music, your brother, and your father). I just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading them. It's obvious to me that you truly appreciate the blessings that the Lord has placed in your life - just by your descriptions.

    You definately have challenged me to be more thankful with the blessings the Lord has provided for me.

    Blessings,

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sister Tipster, Hugs right back at you! Keep a song in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie,
    I think it's great that your husband and daughter play instruments! I'm thinking of piano lessons for the little ones as well. Right now, our instruments of choice are our voices! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Briana, I agree. Music is definitely a mood changer. Our schedules have been hectic lately and I've used music many days to help keep it peaceful around here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our Village. . .

    I love what you said, "My life has a soundtrack." I totally agree. There are songs that take me back to so many moments in my life. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lady Rose,
    Thank you for reading my thoughts and for offering such sweet words. It means alot and I am grateful. God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We recently had a discussion about music in a Bible study with our Pastor. I love music! It's such a gift for us and also a gift that we can return to the Lord in praise. Give me a good song and the world just seems right. Now if only I could sing well so that those around me could say the same thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wild Crickets,
    Yes!! I love music too. It one thing I think anyone in the world can relate to. And about your singing. . .as long as it's a "joyful noise," I can't complain! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts