Lord, Have Mercy!

Today, I am thankful for mercy.


I grew up hearing my Granny and other "church mothers" saying it all the time. "Lord, have mercy!" Sometimes in the course of a light-hearted conversation, other times pleading with the Lord over a tough situation. Over the years, what I'm learning is the the Lord absolutely has mercy on us, each and every day.



Photo by Heart and Soul Reflections
 "Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness."
-Lamentations 3:22-23

I am so thankful that God grants us new mercy everyday. I need help . . . daily. I need forgiveness . . . daily. I need an unfailing love . . . daily. He is faithful.


{This post is linked here.}
 I thank God for His mercy.

{Click here for the reason behind this post.}

Comments

  1. Me too. Thank you for this beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Village is a Little Different,
    You are quite welcome, to God be the glory.
    Thanks for joining me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a tremendous thing to be thankful for! Such a simple word - mercy, but we can hardly even fathom the depths of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, He has GREAT mercy~thanks for a GREAT reminder! Have a blessed day! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie,
    You are absolutely right--we can't begin to fathom the mercy and the love our God has for us. We are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SisterTipster,
    GREAT mercy, indeed! Hugs to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen! Without that mercy I would be a quivering mess. A lost, sad, um... hot... mess. ;) I appreciate His mercy, and I need to remind myself that I need to show others mercy as well. Wonderful post, and wonderful reminder. Thanks for blessing me with your blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wild Crickets,
    LOL! I laugh because I agree wholeheartedly! I'd be in that same boat with you without His mercy. And thank you for reminding me to show others mercy, just as the Father has shown me.
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts