He's My Very Own Dad



He makes THE BEST macaroni and cheese!
One of the nicest people in the world.
He'd give you the shirt off his back, literally.
He'll feed you if you're hungry, seriously.
He'll drive where ever you need to be, really.

And these are the things things I've seen him do for people
he doesn't even know.
That's my Dad.

Because of my Dad, I've been blessed with greater insight to this verse. . .

". . .the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.
And by Him we cry, "Abba, Father." -Romans 8:15

. . . and a love for the words
to this song:
"Abba, Father, We love to call You.
By Your grace You have adopted and now we're Your children.
You now receive us, joint heirs with Jesus.
Abba, Father! Abba, Father!"


Me and Dad during our surprise trip to visit him and Mom.

The man who took me in when another walked away from me.
He's my Dad and I am his daughter; no ifs, no maybes, no partiality.
I am assured.
{This post is linked here.}
Thank God for my Dad.

{Click here for the reason behind this challenge.}

Comments

  1. Stacie,
    I just commented on tyhe post about your mom. This one is just as good. It sounds like you were blessed with an absoultly wonderful family. You won't find many men like your father these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I love your blog and the messages that jump out at me. I'll definitely be following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, thanks so much for your sweet words. It means alot. This post about my dad is pretty personal, but it is something I've always been so grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wild Crickets,
    Awww, thanks! Glad to have you join in my journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome tribute to your dad. God Bless our Dads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vickie. Yes, indeed, God bless our Dads. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts