Update: Fall Challenge Week 2-Music, Love, and Peace

Here I am at the end of week 2. I think this week was harder in terms of the circumstances I had to face, however I had a better handle on things. This, all due to the mercy and grace of God.

This week of the challenge, we were to focus on maintaining peaceful relationships and also play peaceful music during each day. (Click here for a "Song of  Peace")

How did I maintain peaceful relationships?

Using an even tone of voice; being slow to respond by thinking through my answers, especially with Husband! 

Husband and me
{My dear brothers, take note of this:
Everyone should be quick to listen,
slow to speak and slow to become angry,
for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life
that God desires.

I also poured an extra dose of love on my children by telling them all the more (and at random times) that I loved them, or that I was proud of them, or giving them a hug or kiss, just because.

We also continued our family Bible study on the fruit of the Spirit, which ends with self-control. Part of my peace-making as wife and mother, is self-control, through the Holy Spirit. Self-control yields peace in my home.

What joy it's been to my heart to see God's faithfulness: sweetness in time spent with Husband, lots of long conversations. Watching my kids blush and giggle, receiving my own random hugs and even one of my daughters sang to me!

What kind of music did we listen to?

For our music selection, we tried something new. Normally in our house, I play traditional Gospel music. . .I love it, my roots are there. However, a few days this week, we ventured into other genres of music. One day we tried smooth jazz, the next was classical, and then another day we listened to contemporary Christian. I asked my children what they thought about it and they enjoyed each one. One of my daughters even asked, "Mommy, can you please turn on the music that relaxes me?" :o)


our 3 ducklings
For as much fun as I've described, I was not without stressful moments (one daughter sick, the other with an upcoming surgery, doctor's appointments left and right--yikes!). But, I remember who my Helper is, I remember the Prince of Peace, I remember that prayer still works! I've been taking lots of deep breaths, still lighting my candle from time to time, and praying for peace.

Now on to week 3--be encouraged Ladies!!!!
 
{This post is linked here at RaisingHomakers.com}

Comments

Popular Posts