Secret Things




Even now I can hear the Spirit cry:

Secrets the LORD imparts,

Keep them close to your heart.

Don't ever let them die.

Make them the apple of your eye.

These lyrics are from a song called Long Time Coming by The Winans.  This was a group my mom listened to very frequently when I was growing up.

::::::

I've been listening to another version of this song by Fred Hammond all week long. And I kept coming back to those lyrics in particular. . .over and over.

I thought, what is it LORD that You are turning my attention to?  And He said, the secret things. . .

Then I remembered this Scripture:

"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, 

but those things which are revealed belong to us 

and to our children forever, 

that we may do all the words of this law." 

-Deuteronomy 29:29

::::::

Whenever the Most High reveals His precious secrets to us (His Word, His Law, His Son, His Spirit, His will, His love, etc.) we should pay attention and treasure these things in our hearts.  

THEN . . .

We can't let it die! 

We MUST pass them on to our children, 

So that we raise up a generation before Him,

So they can pass it on to their children,

And to their children after them--

A string of descendants, 

blessed of the LORD, 

following the ways of the LORD 

and not conforming to this world.

:::

When God reveals those secret things, they belong to us,

Which means we are responsible to treasure them, observe them, ponder them, impart them, teach them and MODEL them . . . .starting at home--with your own children.

Even when you're tired,

Even when they've gotten on your nerves,

Even when you're not sure they're listening,

On good days, and bad ones,

In rejoicing and weeping,

In the daily-daily's,

::::

Keep instilling the secret things. 

Obey the Word. 

Do what God says.

::::::

#Scripture #HolyWord #truth #life #bread #deepthings #secretthings #sacredthings #holythings #raisinggenerations #holiness #setapartlife #keeppressing #dailywalk #faithwalk #onedayatatime #encourageothers #loveGod #obeyGod #wifelife #marriedwoman #motherhood #mamato8 #faithandfamily #love #noidlebread


Comments

  1. HI Stacie, Thank you for stopping by my new blog, Leaving a Legacy, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I'm not sure how you found me---maybe a comment I left on someone else's blog? Anyhow, I totally agree with the thoughts you have shared here, especially that we MUST pass on God's secrets to those coming after us. THAT is the mandate God has given to us. That Elizabeth Elliot quote you have under your picture is really beautiful. Such truth in her words.

    Your little one is adorable. I love the flower bow in her hair!

    Blessings,
    Patti @ Leaving a Legacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Patti! Thank you for your encouragement.

      I can't remember how I came across your blog exactly; but I'm glad I did!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts