NKJV Early Readers Bible {{Book Review}}





My little girl is almost 4 1/2 and is in the early reading stage. She is doing a great job for her age and I get a kick out of the way she works hard to keep up with her 2 older brothers ahead of her. As soon as I saw the sparkly pink cover, I immediately thought of her--she love anything pink and sparkly. But more important is her interest in reading the Word of God.

She is aware enough to realize that her children's story Bibles (which I'm not a fan of, by the way) are incomplete. During our family Bible time, she realizes that she doesn't have chapters and verse numbers or even whole books of the Bible, and that she can't find their names anywhere. She often says that these things are missing and that she wants a "real Bible".

Nice Features
  • Super pink and sparkly hard cover
  • Complete Old and New Testaments
  • Timeline of Biblical and secular history
  • Maps, charts, diagrams, etc. through out
  • Introductory information such as: What is the Bible, Who Wrote the Bible, Bible Reading Plan, etc.
  • Large Print with the word of Jesus in red
  • New King James version, which is our family's go-to version
  • Illustrated Word List (Dictionary)
Other Notes
  • There aren't many pictures that are commonly seen in most children's Bibles, illustrating well-know Bible men and women. I actually really like this clean look, but some parents may want more by way of pictures for their children. It's pretty low on bells and whistles, so to speak.
  • The pages are very thin, which concerns me because I don't know how durable they'll be in the long-run.
  • The title "Early Readers Bible" may be misleading as the Bible text is in the NKJV and isn't altered in anyway to accommodate 
Overall, we enjoy having this Bible added to our family library and my daughter is excited to use it. We have a winner!




(I received copies of this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.)

Comments

Popular Posts