Required for Sanity


This is my Bible.
It is as old as my 3rd-born child, wrinkly and worn, broken binding, lots of ripped pages from the little ones who've sat on my lap over the years. (Genesis looks really bad, y'all!) There's tape everywhere, holding things together. I love this Bible for all the memories it holds for my #familylife but even more, I love it for the #Truth within. .

Yes, I know it totally sounds cliche because every "good" Christian would say they need their Bibles for sanity. But my Granny taught me a long time ago, that "God is a Mind-Regulator" and I have to stay in the Word to keep my mind right. So, what I've found is that the Word is like water to me: life-giving, refreshing, cleansing, quenches my thirsty soul, washes away my sin, renews, revives, brings hydrating clarity, it satisfies.

And honestly, just like with water, sometimes I get a taste for something else to drink--coffee or tea or juice. And even though I know I should choose water, since that's what's best for me, I opt for something else. At first I think it's great, because it tastes good. But later I realize, I'm not really satisfied; I'm still thirsty and I have to go back and drink the water. We all know the health problems that can stem from not getting enough water. So it is with the Word of God.
I have learned to drink it and live by it daily.
When I don't, I always regret it.

#sanity #mybible #roadmap #keepingpower #stayintheWord #thirsty #fillmeupJesus #love #noidlebread
Originally posted as an Instagram Story

Comments

Popular Posts