36 weeks and Counting

Hey Ladies!

Just checking in with a bit of a pregnancy update of sorts. I am officially 9 months pregnant and I am patiently awaiting my baby girl's arrival. I know I haven't posted on this pregnancy as often as I have with some of the others. But honestly, I have tried to treasure each bit of this pregnancy in my heart, and it's hard to believe that the end is near. There have been highs and lows, as there are with any other thing in life. But I am forever grateful to God for this blessing He's given to my husband and me, and to our family as a whole.

Labor and delivery are at the forefront of my mind right now. I'm wondering when labor will start and how will I handle it this time and where I will be and what time of day it will be and so on. I pray about this process and then I wonder about delivering her, so I pray about that, too. Yes, even after having had 6 kids, all of this still crosses my mind, and it does so more and more each day.

My daughter (aka photographer) caught us in a real life moment.

I've washed up all of my little girl's clothes from when she was a baby. Now I have to sort and fold and put them away in a few drawers I've cleared out for my baby girl. It's a sweet/sad moment to go through all those tiny baby outfits and remember how little my almost-2-year-old used to be. She's thrilled about it though, from what I can tell, and loves all things baby right now. She often whispers to my belly, "Come out, baby!" Soon, sweetie, soon. 💜

I've been trying to de-clutter places and spaces as best I can. My littlest girl's room is good to go. My older two girls' room is still a work in progress. They are 11 and 13 and I'm still finding things like Dora books collecting dust on their bookshelves! LOL Now that they have a little sister and one on the way, they are more comfortable parting ways with these items I think, since they know they'll still be around. I cleaned out my own closet and have yet to touch the boys' room. I'm hoping to do that this week so I can donate the items before she comes. I'm sweeping as much as I can and I can't stand to see crumbs on the kitchen table. This is how I nest, folks! 😊

I haven't packed a bag for the hospital yet, but I intend to do so in the coming days. I'm debating on laboring in my own gown or using one of those awkward sized, shows "all of your business" gowns the hospital provides. LOL I did get new flip-flops to use in the hospital shower, though, so that counts for something, right?!

After having 6 hospital births, I respect so much more the natural-ness of laboring and delivering at home. There are so many interruptions to the natural process in the hospital. Honestly, by the time we had our 4th baby, were leaning a bit more in that direction. Although my husband and I both looked into it, it just hasn't worked out that way for various reasons. Any of you ladies have ideas on how to make a hospital birth feel more home-like????? I'm reading a few books about it, but there's nothing like hearing from mamas who've been there.

I had my homeschool portfolio review last week. My reviewer agreed to meet with me in April instead of June. I thought that was very considerate of her and I'm thankful that is complete. We are still continuing to school each day on our regular schedule for the most part. Once the baby comes, we will transition into our "newborn/summer" schedule.


I'm feeling pretty good overall and I can't complain. I'm big and round and I feel like I'm waddling with every move. My husband's sweat pants look more and more like a comfortable alternative to some of my maternity clothes. I'm at the stage where clothes are pretty much the enemy right now. LOL I need a pedicure for sure and one of my daughters has offered to help me--thank God for daughters. 😉 Sleep is harder because finding a comfy position is getting trickier, but that's nothing new to pregnancy. I'm having Braxton-Hicks contractions every day now, several times a day. I'm hoping that they are productive so that there's less work to be done during the actual labor. (A mama can hope, right?!)

I think my husband is mentally preparing, because he's telling people that I'm pretty much at "any day" status. All of the kids are excited, and have expressed it in different ways. Some tell me often how they can't wait to meet the baby, how they're so glad to have another sibling, asking what she's doing or how big she is now. Some of the kids just randomly come up to my belly and start talking to the baby in sweet little tones. 💜

Finally, I am so very thankful. So grateful for the opportunity to carry life one more time. God is gracious. For every time I feel her move or I see an elbow or foot move beneath my skin, or hear her heart beating or just think over the way this pregnancy unfolded--I thank God for it all and pray I never take it for granted.

Comments

  1. It's funny how with each pregnancy/labor/delivery, I've become more apprehensive. Is it because I know what to expect? I'm not sure I've ever had a "home birth" experience at a hospital, but I've had some very good ones. I think there are so many factors. A big one is your provider (a GOOD midwife or doctor). Another is how well rested/mentally prepared you are. Back in September, I was exhausted before I began and I was too worried about the kids at home because we had child care issues.

    In the end, go by your own standards instead of somebody else's. If you and your husband are comfortable and safe, then that's good.

    I am praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to rest up as much as possible, but it can be hard. The mind won't turn off and I'm contemplating a thousand different scenarios. Above all, I keep taking things to God in prayer. Thanks for the advice and I truly thank you so very much for your prayers, Jody!!!

      Delete
  2. Oooo how exciting! Lifting your family up in prayer! Remember, the Lord goes before you! Duet. 31:8.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be keeping you, your baby, the delivery and your family in prayer. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacie,
    Praying for a fast and healthy delivery, and for you and your family... many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pregnant mama! I know what you mean about treasuring up all the memories and soaking it in. That's exactly what I've done lately- so much I havent even taken time to blog about my baby girl's arrival FIVE weeks ago! It goes by so fast. I love those last weeks before baby and all the preparing and anticipation. I saw a meme on Facebook or something that said " I'm nine months pregnant. Pants are what I say they are." Lol! That about sums it up! Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts