Book Review: Easter Stories--Classic Tales for the Holy Season



A week out from Easter Sunday, and my heart still is rejoicing in a risen Savior. As I shared before, I feel the weight of the sacrifice the Lord made for us so many years ago.
I always look for ways to share the true meaning of Easter with my children: Jesus, love, sacrifice, pain, sin, forgiveness, death, the cross, humility, more love, life, regeneration, newness. . .

I thought that Easter Stories would be another way to cultivate my children's understanding of those sacred events that transpired around the Savior's death, burial, and resurrection. 

These stories were written by well-known authors, such as C.S. Lewis, Leo Tolstoy, and Oscar Wilde. What I like about this book is that the stories cause you to think, pause and reflect on how it is that this short story relays the Easter story. But, all the while, there is a single thread that knits the two: hope! The spiritual meaning behind theses stories is a great way to enhance daily devotions. The great writers also make this compilation; an excellent family read-aloud, which really can be enjoyed any time of the year.

For more information about this book, please visit
http://www.plough.com/en/ebooks/e/easter-stories

Comments

Popular Posts