Babies, A Birthday, Work-Outs and Curriculum Planning

Hello Ladies!!!

Oh, how I've missed thee!! It seems like every post I get a chance to write begins like this!

Well, I'm dropping by to say that I am still here and I miss blogging so much. Here are some things going on in my life:

Life with two under two is NEVER dull and ALWAYS lively! I am thinking of starting a little series of what can happen in life when there are 2 babes in the family at one time, since that is pretty much my life right now! LOL I posted this on my Facebook page the other day. . . .this is what I found in my room one morning:


My 19 month old's latest boobie trap:
Nesting/Stacking Bowls on a Hardwood Floor
And look who likes to sleep in his new crib (you can read here about why we had to get a new one!):



My Baby J is 4 months old already!
Baby J is still battling reflux along with one other, unrelated health concern (non-life threatening, thank God!!). So we've been to several doctor's appointments in his first 4 months of life. I am so grateful to God that our family has a pediatrician who so lovingly works to care for our childrens' health. We are praying that God would heal our sweet baby.

In birthday news . . .my oldest son turned 6 years old!!!! He was just 3 years old when I started blogging and I can't believe how much he's grown:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, J. R.!!!! 
 
I have been in the stages of planning our upcoming school year. Really, it's my oldest daughter's curriculum that is sending me for a loop. She'll be in 5th grade this year and according to our classical model of eduction, she is now in the Logic Stage (middle grades). Because I am striving to educate my children from a Biblical worldview, I am finding it difficult to select history materials, due to chapters on evolution and millions of years. So, I am seeking God's direction on that.


And finally, I've been busy working out. I have agreed to let my husband create an exercise routine for me for 4 weeks. I needed a little bit of help to return to a healthy weight for my body after having 2 babes so close together. I have 2 weeks left, ladies; it's working, but let me tell you, it's been HARD!!!! Because it is difficult right now, I have not yet found a gracious way to share the details of this routine without complaining about my husband's approach to exercise. So, I'm leaning on that old rule: when you don't have anything good to say. . . .
 
So that's a peek at what I've been up to lately. I am REALLY looking forward to the fall and the change of pace that our regular routine will bring. I am ready to SLOW down.
 
For those of you that made it to the end of this post, thank you for caring!!!


3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about how your family is doing. The baby is so cute! I love the hair. Happy birthday to your 6 year old. Best wishes with the exercise program. I need a program for being over 45. :)
    Blessings,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen,

      Thanks for being such a faithful friend/reader of my blog. Thanks for wishing me well in my exercise program. I'm counting down!

      Delete
  2. Baby J is so cute & he looks so peaceful.

    Our butterflies have all emerged & they even got one on video. It was less than 3 weeks since we ordered them & they say you shouldn't let them go if the weather is below 55. I think we will let them go tomorrow, but a couple of my girls aren't wanting to.

    http://www.mcclanahan7.com/2013/08/live-butterfly-garden-post-2-homeschool.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcomed!!

Powered by Blogger.