Tough Week, With Bits of Sunshine
- It was a tough, long, hard week. There's not much more to be said. But I am grateful that God gives grace and new mercies each morning.
- Kids are doing well and giving great effort. I love it when they tell me they are enjoying their school work. One thing I did this week was end a few of our school days by playing games. Not a "learning" or "educational" games by design. Just plain old, laugh-and-have-fun-doing-it games. We played Bingo one day and then the kids played Monopoly on another.
- We had another SQUILT lesson and listen to Sing, Sing, Sing, by Benny Goodman. The kids LOVED it and of course, when we listened to it the second time around, we couldn't help but just dance around.
- The advice I've been given, as a mom who's about to deliver baby 5 is: R E L A X! :)
- My sweet husband was home from work on Monday and Tuesday. I love it! I love him! What made my heart melt is when he turned to me and said, "I like being home and spending time with you guys." Awww! My prayer is that the Lord would continue to show me how to cultivate a home life where my husband finds rest and peace and contentment with his family. It reminds me of this great quote. . .
- The children have swim practice year round, which is great. They are becoming quite the swimmers and could "out-swim" me any day! BUT, my son has class on Monday and my daughters have class on Tuesday. Both are in the evenings: Monday just before dinner and Tuesday right after dinner. And the classes meet weekly. And I have to tell you, it's wearing on me. I'm praying that for the next session, we're able to get classes on the same day, around the same time. The challenge is making sure each child is in the correct age-appropriate, skill-appropriate class and that is what sends our schedule for a loop!
- When will the baby come? Will I get all of my plans fleshed out before he arrives?
- Rearranging the boys' room. So far, so good--but, so slowly!
- My reading is in bits and spurts lately. So, I'll share with you what my kids are currently reading. . .
|My oldest daughter was thrilled to know|
that this wasn't just a movie, but a book, too! LOL
|My youngest daughter has enjoyed reading some of the "Little House" books|
and was happy to know there was one about Laura's husband's life as a child.
- my family. I love them so very much. . . .and for snow. It snowed 2 times this week (very little snow), but it made my children so happy!
- And I'm also thankful that, even though this was a tough week, God sprinkled sunshine all through out. His is faithful.
- all of the thoughts swirling around in my head. . .baby stuff, homeschool stuff, husband's work stuff, etc.
- This is what my 5 year old son said this morning, as I came downstairs to make breakfast: "Mommy, I turned on all the lights so you could be impressed with me!" Why yes, son, Mommy is impressed, however, I don't think Daddy will be so "impressed" with the light bill! LOL