Good Friday Troubling

photo credit

Holy Week.

We had a lovely celebration on Sunday, Palm Sunday. . .Hosanna!!!
Save, Lord Jesus, save!

Each day, we read and recounted Jesus' last week before the Crucifixion. . . remembering the One, the only One worthy. . .the Lamb.

The closer we get to Friday, the more anxious I become. My Granny would say, "Chile, your spirit is troubled!"
Why this troubling, moving me to tears, my children's faces perplexed as we read?

It is over the Broken Body, the Precious Blood shed. He did it for me, the one who is filthy, dirty, unholy. It is as though my soul aches as I try to comprehend the Love He has for me. . .there is no greater Love.

I try to wrap my mind around His agony, being separated from the Father, taking upon Himself all the evil, sinful things of this world, feeling each and every blow, every ounce of pain and humiliation. . .I try and I can't fully comprehend.

But what I do grasp brings me to tears. . .and I am conflicted.
I'm angry at Judas. . .how dare you betray my Lord? But am I also thankful for Judas because then the Scripture was fufilled.
I'm sorrowful for the beatings and the wounds and the pain. But I'm so thankful for the healing, for by His stripes we are healed.
My heart aches for Him, thinking about the awful suffering and death, but I'm glad? Because, as my daughter pointed out, "Mommy, I'm thankful that Jesus stayed on the cross and He didn't come down!" I'm glad that He stayed, He stayed right there, because I need a Saviour.

But, oh! When He declared His work was done, when He gave up His last breath, when the temple veil was torn in two pieces from top to bottom, therein lies my Hope! He is the Way to the Father, He has granted me access, forgiveness, eternal life, and my soul just about bursts open. . .

. . .thanking Him for what He's done, thanking Him that He saw it through to completion, thanking Him that He was the pefect Sacrifice, thanking Him for saving my soul, thanking Him that He rose. . .

But I can't forget what He went through to get me where I am--healed, forgiven, sealed.
Good Friday troubling.




Linked with:
I Live in An Antbed

Comments

  1. It is troubling, this reaching to understand, to pour out what our hearts feel but our words are just inadequate to express it - and our minds can't totally understand what our hearts can't!

    I love your post. I love your quote from your granny! Wishing you resurrection blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you, Stacie. I just weep when I think about what He did for me! I wept and wept at church this morning. So very precious. I long to be with Him. Thank you so much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Ressurection Day! I love your post and am right there with ya girl.

    Sassy
    http://keepinitruralinthemidwest.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. bluecottonmemory:

    Exactly! You get what I'm trying to say. :)
    God's love is so great towards us!

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne,

    Weep on, my sister! It is extraordinary and overwhelming. . .I am so grateful!!

    Take care. . .Happy Resurrection Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sassy,

    Thanks! I hope you have enjoyed this precious Resurrection Sunday! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts