Is My Home a Haven? (Week #2)


Hey there Ladies. I'm continuing on into week 2 of making my home a haven for my family. I'm still lighting my candle each day and praying for peace in my home and in the lives of my family members.



This week's tasks are:
1) Play soft, peaceful music everyday in your home
2) Focus on peaceful words and maintaining peaceful relationships
3) Continue last week's tasks

Task #1 is super easy for me. As many of you know already, I love music! I hum and sing alot. But, for some reason, during our schooling time, I haven't played much music. Maybe I thought the kids would be distracted and wouldn't listen as well. I mean, we sing around here all the time, so maybe I thought they would just bust out in song and dance during history or something! LOL I'm so glad this challenge has reminded me of "soft" and "peaceful" music to play during our schooling. My choice for this week has been:
Alone in His Presence
Such beautiful, sweet worship music!
Click on the pic to listen to samples (#7 is my fave!!)
My kids have enjoyed the music playing quietly in the background and so have I. I catch my younger daughter humming along while she works and my oldest daughter will tell me when she likes a particular song. And even my son, every now and then, will yell out, "NICE SONG, MOMMY!!!!" (We're still working on being quiet, uhm, "peaceful" with him! LOL) Anyway, the music has brought us some joy and serenity during our school work and it will be something that I will continue to do.

Now task #2 is the real challenge this week!! As the Good Book tells us:

"A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger."
-Proverbs 15:1

In addition to this nugget of Scripture wisdom, I am also doing a Bible study and this week's focus is 1Corinthians 13--all about L-O-V-E!
In other words ladies, I have no excuse!!! I'll admit, not everything that has rolled off of my tongue this week has been peaches-n-cream, but I am trying. AND, I have gone back to apologize when the Lord has convicted my heart--thank You, Lord for molding me!

So, for the rest of the week, I'll continue to pray and watch my words, watch my actions, watch my demeanor. Often times, I set the tone and the pace of life for my family. When I'm at peace, chances are my family will be, too!

Comments

  1. Thank you for inspiring me to seek a more peaceful atmosphere in my home. You know how busily a home can buzz when you're homeschooling--we need this so deeply right now. So right now I'm off to go light some candles and put some classical music on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey April,

    Glad this post inspired you in some way. I know I surely needed this as well. May God bless you with peace this season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am enjoying this weeks challenge, I loved the reminder to have music in our home, and the reminder to work on our gentleness is great! Great post! ~April

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacie,

    I love your centerpiece! I have the same pumpkin on the left(:

    Your post made me laugh and smile!! Continue to dwell in peace and put love into action.

    Take care lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gertha,

    You're so sweet! We have the same pumpkin. . .great minds think alike!! :)

    I'm glad I made you smile. Love and peace to you as well.

    Take care lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi April (April's Homemaking),

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! This challenge is great, isn't it? I pray all goes well for you.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great ideas..thanks for sharing..i love your blog what encouraging..thanks for sharing God bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacie,

    I love CeCe, too. Great is thy Faithfulness is awesome.

    We love music in our home, so playing it soft music in the background while they do school is a great idea.

    May God continue to guide you as you puruse a sweet haven for your family.

    Blessings,

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Soraya3,

    Thank you so much for joining my blog space. Thank you for your kindness. Take care and may God bless you as well.

    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jasmine!

    Yes!! Great is Thy Faithfulness was my wedding song. . .I walked down the aisle to it. It is just so true!!

    Thank you for your comments. May God bless you and your family as well.

    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just discovered your blog and I LOVE this challenge!!! I just started it, I've been lighting a candle in every room of our house. When I first light them I pray out loud asking for peace and then throughout the day/evening whenever I see the flicker of the candlelight I say out loud "thank you Jesus for peace in our home" - my son has caught onto this today and now says "thank you Jesus for peace in our home" when he sees the candles too! It's awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bekah,

    I'm glad you've joined in praying for peace and lighting your candle. So cute that your son is helping you pray for peace!

    Glad you stopped by. Take care and may His peace be with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts