Baskets and Boxes


The first part of this year (way back in January--seems like so long ago!) was spent reorganizing and re-purposing things in my home. Husband initiated this process by moving some old furniture around and getting some new pieces to help us organize things a little better. So, I began to look around at all the little, smaller places of clutter in our home.

My solution?? Baskets and boxes!

I know this is nothing new and is quite a simple solution. But, when the little things have a "spot" it makes a big difference.

One day, my sweet neighbor came knocking at my door with a couple sets of nesting baskets, lined in a cloth of blue. She said she was going to throw them out, but wondered if I could use them for anything. Of course I could!!! I gave her a big thank you hug and got to work! Here are few of the smaller baskets.

A basket for the children's computer games.

A basket for the Wii Remotes and a few games as well.

This basket was initially part of a wedding shower gift set of
lotion, soap and candles. Now, it holds music CDs.

Another idea was photo storage boxes. My local craft store had them on sale, 5 for $10. I use them on my kitchen counter where paper and other odds and end tend to collect. I have one for myself for my coupon clippings and other miscellaneous papers. I also used one for each of my daughters to store their important papers from school.

These are the girls' boxes. . .
pretty patterns!

Each box can be labeled as well.

I also had to attack my laundry room shelves. . .yes, attack! They were just out of order. Many times, I have the thinking that, "It's just the laundry room; who cares?!" But the reality is that I spend a lot of my time in the laundry room, which also doubles as a pantry area for my family. Why not be more dilligent? Anyway, here's the before and after of the shelves above the washer and dryer.

Yes, Sisters! I know. . .there are no words.
But it was the reality.
Now, I am doing much better!
These are a couple of ways we've tackled clutter spots. What are some other ways I can keep organized? If anyone has some tips, please feel free to share them!!!

Comments

  1. Organization is my favorite! Those photo boxes are so cute, and what a bargain!

    Your laundry room was not bad at all. I am going to post about mine some day soon with before and after pics. That will be scary!

    Doesn't it feel great to be neat and organized?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lorie, you're kind!! But my laundry room was screaming for help! :)

    I'll have to check your blog for tips on organization. It does feel much better that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacie,
    I love baskets, too. Isn't God great to send someone with just what you need. You neighbor(s) sound as sweet as ours.

    I love you phrase "re-purposing things" - did you make that up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie,

    Yes, God shows up on time, doesn't he? I was very grateful.

    Thanks, but "re-purpose" isn't mine (I'm not that fancy! LOL). I don't know where I've heard it (TV, magazine???), but it's one of the buzz words floating around...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacie,

    I like the baskets! It looks neat and orderly(: Good tip(s).

    Take care girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Gertha, girl, I'm trying.
    Thanks!

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts