2 Weeks or 2 Months??
The past two weeks or so have been so full (and sometimes downright stressful) that it feels like months have passed!! I haven't been able to blog about the things in my heart or the projects in my home the way that I've wanted to. I haven't been able to visit my blogging friends as much as I would like to, either.
But, what I could do was take things one day at a time (sweet Jesus!) and pray that the Lord would see me through. I've been busy trying to keep everyone on pace and cared for and the past couple of weeks were challenging. So, here is what's had me so busy, nothing special, just life on overload! Please know, that in the midst of all my busyness, I am still gratefully thankful for my life!!!
- Grocery Shopping--I try to go just once per month so that I'm not taking weekly trips. I find that shopping each week (for me) leads to overspending. If I get everything I need once each month, I really don't have a huge need to go again until the next month. However, since it is a once a month deal, it pretty much wipes my energy out for the day.
- Swim Practice--So, we're trying to get our children to be like little fish! We've been in swim practice consistently since this summer, and our latest session started this month. So, we're at the pool 4 times a week; I'm even in a swim class this time around and I'm enjoying it. Husband and I want the kids not to have a fear of the water or wait until their adulthood (like I did) to begin swimming.
- Which brings me to a sub-point: Finding a Swimsuit! I feel like I should start a swimsuit line for MODEST WOMEN of ALL SIZES at an AFFORDABLE price! Bear with me please, as I vent. I needed a new swimsuit, as I haven't been swimming in the last 6-7 years. (And moms know how much the body can change after having children!) Anyway, why is it that our society feels that if a woman wants to go swimming that she should be extremely revealing?! AND, it also assumes that only a certain age group or size of woman are the only ones that would want modest apparel. I was so outdone in searching for a swimsuit that was affordable and modest, that I literally prayed for the Lord's help. He blessed me to find one on clearance within my price range. It's funny how the swimsuit I chose was rated 5 stars by women who listed themselves as over 50 years of age. There are 30-somethings out there (ahem!) that want to be modest, too!! Be on the look out for the No Idle Bread swimsuit line! :o)
- Valentine's Day Celebration--As you may already know, Husband and I decided to take our kids on a special "date" for Valentine's day. Dad with daughters and Mom with son. It was a lot of fun! You can read about it HERE.
- Snow and School--Speaking of ice, there have been a few wintry mixes, and where I live, schools close for just a dusting. . . or school may not be cancelled at all, even when the streets are ice-covered. Go figure! So, when there is a chance for snow, I never know whether or not schools will be open, closed, or delayed until the day of! It was difficult to plan my days. Also, one of my daughters had a 100th day of school celebration, which kept getting pushed back because of snow. There were Valentine's day events, an honor awards ceremony, and early dismissals as well.
- Busy Husband--He was just that, busy. Work was extremely busy for him and sometimes stressful. I prayed a lot for him; Husband prayed a lot, too. It was just a busy time--I can't say much more than that. What I can say is that Husband does very well not to carelessly dump his stresses from work on me. But when you love someone and you know them so well, it's hard not to feel a bit of that stress with them. God, bless my Husband!
For those of you who have read this post in its entirety, even with the lack of photos, thanks for so much "listening"! God bless you.