Who--Me?


Let me start by saying that this was most unexpected, but I was pleasantly surprised. Jen at Adventures in Unsell Land! gave me a blog award:



I am appreciative of her thoughtfulness--so a big, heartfelt "Thank you!" goes to Jen for sending some
cheer my way! **[[Inserted 01/26/11]]** I was also given the above award, along with the one below, by Heather at The Blessings Pour Out. I am appreciative of her thoughtfulness. I am grateful--to God be the glory!! So another big "Thank you!" goes to Heather as well.

What I like about this award these awards is that I get to share my gratitude with you. They come with the following "rules". . .
  1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
  2. Share 7 things about yourself
  3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
  4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
So here we go. . .

Seven things about myself:
  1. My favorite color is PURPLE!! Just about any shade will do. My bridesmaid's dresses were lilac (sorry, Ladies! I thought you all looked gorgeous!)
  2. I really like to CROCHET and I will be sharing some of my projects with you all in the future. It's sort of a family craft. My late GrandMommy used to crochet; we made a doll blanket once and I still have it. Also, my Auntie and my Mother-in-law are both great at the craft.
  3. To "piggy-back"off of #2, my Mother-in-law can also KNIT really well. One day, I hope to learn how to knit as well as she does. There seems to be so much more you can make by knitting versus crocheting.
  4. I love, love, love to SING. My children will tell you, "Mommy sings ALL the time!" (Hope you like it, kids! :) It's my instrument of praise.
  5. I enjoy READING. I have been a bookworm for as long as I can remember. My parents used to joke with me about reading while doing other things, like eating or watching TV. (Hey, who says you can't get a few pages in during the commercials?!) I firmly believe that the book is always better than the movie!
  6. I've recently gained a passion for my NATURAL HAIR. For so long, I relaxed it (straightening it) because, in a nutshell, I felt that was most acceptable. But, what I found is that God makes no mistakes and my hair is coily because that is how God made it--period. Why shouldn't I accept that? So, I have and I am blessed in many ways by simply accepting a part of me that God made. I hope to be an example to my daughters in being confident in the features God has blessed them with.
  7. I have THREE DOGS--thanks to Husband and my children. If it were my choice, I think one would do! They are all miniature Schnauzers, one gray (Biscuit), one white (Meridius) and one black (Wimbley). Funny names, but so fitting for their personalities!
So, next up is to share this award with others--these blog sites are listed in no certain order. Each blog below has touched my heart in some way, or has offered great information for my home life as a wife and mom, or has challenged me to try to live better for the Lord. I'm grateful to have come in contact with such wonderful Ladies and I hope you enjoy their blogs as well.
  1. From Snowflakes to Hotcakes, With Bits of Grace
  2. The Midlife Housewife
  3. Along the Narrow Pathway
  4. Willing Hearts-Busy Hands
  5. A Domestic Queen, Enjoying Life in Her Humble Castle
  6. A Homemaker's Heart
  7. God... it's me, Gertha!!
  8. The Blessings Pour Out
  9. WildCrickets
  10. I Live in an Antbed
  11. Just Peachy in Dixie
  12. Views from the Farmstead
  13. Inspired Moments in Time 
  14. A Glimpse of Our Life
  15. Buildeth Her House
Okay!! That was a lot of work--but definitely worth it. I hope you've enjoyed learning a few more things about me. Even more, I hope you enjoy visiting, supporting and encouraging these other Ladies on this blogging journey of ours!

God bless!!

**Please know that I understand, not everyone likes blog awards. My intent is not to offend but to let you know your words are appreciated. Also, if you choose not to participate in the "rules" of the award, I am okay with that too!**

23 comments:

  1. Stacie,
    Thank you for the blog award. I am going to check out the other blogs now.

    Do you mind if I tack on your note: 'Please know that I understand, not everyone likes blog awards...' at the end of my post, like you did? I like that idea.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Debbie. You are welcom. By all means you can use my note.

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Live in an Antbed,

    You are quite welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((Hugs))) and Thank you so kindly! I give the Heavenly Father all the credit and consider it His blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Stacie - How kind of you to honor me with your award! It's my first one too!!! :-) I haven't had much time to post lately - too many beginning of the year projects going on and my sick doggie and work-from-home job have been keeping me busy, but if all goes as planned, I'll have time to post later on this week. :) Thanks so much for thinking of me! You're a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacie,

    Thanks for the award! You are too kind. :)

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Homemaker's Heart,

    You are welcome and hugs to you, too.
    To God be the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snowflakes,

    You are so kind. Thank you for your "blogging friendship." I hope things mellow out for you soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lady Rose,

    You are most welcome!!!
    Glad to have "met" you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stacie,
    Thank you so much for the award! Looks like I'm in good company. :)

    Jennifer @ http://justpeachyindixie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jennifer,

    You are welcome!!
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for this... my very first award! Sorry that it took me so long to reply. I've been sick all week (yucky!) and not too emaily or bloggy. I am so touched that you included me! Thanks so much, and I look forward to discovering some new favorite blogs through your list. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, and PS - I love to crochet as well. Started with my Granny! I also learned to knit because of my MIL and because I wanted to be able to create different types of projects. (Funny enough, I still crochet more than I knit - I like it better!) And, I think that it is wonderful that you love how God created you! What a beautiful example to your daughters... and to all of us. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Steph!

    I hope you feel better soon. My Husband and 2 of 3 kids have sick this week, too. As they say, "something is going around!"

    You are most welcome! Thank you for such kind words--it means a lot to me. I've seen some of your crochet work, by the way--marvelous!! I think I'm with you, I like crocheting better.

    Take care and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the post Stacie. You have inspired me to spend more time than I do blogging on my site. I had better get busy. I have been focused on our ministry sites lately.

    http://just4homeschoolers.com/trueeducation/

    and

    http://just4homeschoolers.com/lets_talk/

    Thanks so much. There are some great ladies out there blogging that inspire the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marilyn,

    You are welcome! I'm so glad you reminded me about your minstry sites. I will be visiting those sites, as I am gathering information about homeschooling.

    Take care and I'm looking forward to more posts. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyed reading your post, Stacie! I would love to learn crochet one of the these days.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jennifer (The Unsell Family),

    You are so extra kind!

    OMGsh, crocheting is so much fun. If you ever learn, let me know so we can share patterns! Mmm. . .I wonder if there's a way to crochet virtually. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww Stacie, THANK YOU!!!! I am soooo happy to receive your award(: It makes my heart weep happy tears to know my blog has imparted your life.

    Thank you God(:

    Stacie, as "Debbie" ask, I would like to use your disclaimer as well.

    Now, I am going to do my "Hallelujah" dance(: Again, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mrs. Gertha,

    You are most welcome, lady!!! I was drawn to your blog because of your honesty and I love that. By all means, you can use my "disclaimer." Go ahead and get your "hallelujah" dance in! :o) God is good and He has smiled you. You have a sweet spirit and that shows.

    God bless you, my friend!

    love,
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for the award!!! Your posts are always so uplifting, keep your sweet spirit.

    Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Kiva! You are welcome.
    Thanks for stopping by and sending a little love my way.

    Take care, lady.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcomed!!

Powered by Blogger.