Book Review: God Loves Me More Than That by Dandi Daley Mackall




This wonderful little children's book is based on a passage of Scripture in Ephesians which says:

". . . And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
-Ephesians 3:17-19

In this book, a little boy spends his day pondering the wonder of God's love. He discovers the measure of God's love by comparing it to things in the world around him, from a child's point of view. For example, it reads, "How much love does God have for me? More than the letters between A and Z. More than the bumbles in a bumble bee. God loves me more than that!" By the end of the book, the boy has greater appreciation of the love God has for him.

My children (ages 3, 5, and 7) got a kick out of this book when we read it today. The pictures are detailed and eye-catching. The words grabbed their attention, flowing smoothly in rhyme. I asked my children if they enjoyed the book and I received a resounding "YES"! I thought it was great, too. What I liked was that my kids walked away with vivid imagery and tactile examples of how great God's love is for them.

Beautifully written and well illustrated, I would recommend this book for elementary-aged children and younger.



I received a complimentary copy of this book from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group in exchange for this review. I was not compensated in any way for this review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts