Update Fall Challenge: Week 4--Love, Peace, and Pillow Fights

Still striving for peace in my home, and by God's grace, we are doing well! I'm still lighting my candle, which, by the way, has lost one of its wicks in a pool of wax; still playing peaceful music; still watching my tone of voice. These intentional actions actually do make a difference, when they'e done as unto the Lord.

This week, we were to focus on tenderness, sharing sweet moments with our family members. Courtney at Women Living Well suggested 5 minute back rubs and a pillow party.

Here's what we did:

Throughout the week, I've given each family member back rubs (of course my children thought I was tickling them!). I held my son in my arms just a little longer, offered my daughters "just one more hug" at bed time, snuggled a little more with Husband. I've given extra hugs and kisses and pats on the back and a squeeze of the hand on purpose. I must say, my family has enjoyed these moments, and so have I. We've always been a close-knit family, so this type of affection was more than welcome. 

On Friday night, we surprised the kids with a pillow fight. I'd sent them up to get ready for bed and forgot that I wanted to do this as part of the challenge. So Husband said "Call them back downstairs and we'll just have one right now!" They came back down, we each grabbed a pillow from the couch and went to work! We laughed and ducked and screamed and ran and laughed some more!! Husband had to call out for help because the kiddos were triple-teaming him! Something as simple as that brought a boat-load of joy and a lasting memory.
 
The next morning, the kids came into our bedroom to cuddle and talk and watch a little TV before breakfast (as is customary for us on Saturday mornings--no schedules to keep; it's our free day). Husband and I are so thankful for moments like these to just be, as a family.

Tender moments. . .
They are priceless. May we never be too busy to give a hug, a kiss, or a smile. May we never be too pressed for time that we can't listen, play and enjoy. May our hearts forever be in tune to those in our families so that we know how to offer those tender moments that lead to an atmosphere of peace in our homes. (In Jesus' Name, amen.)

Now, on to the final week of the challenge. Strive for peace, ladies!


{This post is linked here at WomenLivingWell and here at RaisingHomemakers.com}

Comments

  1. Stacie, thanks for stopping over to my blog, From Snowflakes To Hotcakes! :-) I'm so glad you visited, and that apple cake you mentioned got me thinking I may have to make one of those up soon. I've got some apples frozen that might do just the trick! Glad you stopped by, and keep working on Making a Haven! It sounds like it's going well, which I know blesses the Father's heart as much as it does ours. Please visit again:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowflakes to Hotcakes,

    Thanks for returning the visit back and joining me over here. I looked over the recipe again for the cinnamon bread and there are a few things I need to pick up first before I try it. Good thing for me that tomorrow is Market Day Monday and I'm preparting my shopping list now!!! I'll be trying it out and I'll let you know how it goes. Take care. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this, Stacie. I was so inspired and blessed by your concluding prayer that I copied into my prayer journal along with my other quotes. :) Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Catherine,
    It is such a blessing to know that God uses us to inspire one another. Thanks for your words, as they are an encouragement to me. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacie!

    Thanks for the stopping by. Sounds like your family had a great time during the challenge! You are such a blessing to your family. Enjoyed the gratitude posts! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts