Making Pumpkins--Craft

Here's a cute craft idea that I found here from the "Happy Little Homemaker" blog. (ETA: that blog is no longer available. Sorry!) It is so easy and is fun to make. The materials the girls and I used are just slightly different from the original craft, but worked just fine.




Materials:
  • roll of toilet paper (pumpkin)
  • twig from the yard (pumpkin stem)
  • orange fabric pieces (18 in x 22 in)
  • grocery store ads/flyers
  • scotch tape
  • scissors
  • fake leaves (optional)
  • green ribbon
Instructions:
  1. Roll up a piece of the store ad and tape (vertically) to the roll of toilet paper--gives it a pumpkin shape (see pic above). You'll need about 7 pieces, depends on the size of the toilet paper roll.
  2. Set the toilet paper in the middle of the wrong side of the fabric; bring fabric up around the toilet paper and stuff excess fabric in the middle of the roll.
  3. Insert the stem in the middle, add leaf and ribbon, and you're finished!
Tips:
  • We painted our twigs green (just one coat) to add a hint of green color (optional)
  • The original craft calls for raffia, which we didn't have, so we used green ribbon instead.
  • I found fabric pieces at Wal-Mart for $1 each in different color patterns .
  • This craft can double as Autumn decor for your home.
I hope you give it a try. I thought it was clever and inexpensive. Enjoy!


SJ likes her pumpkin

TM showing mommy a little love!

The girls' pumpkins
entry table
 
wood stove

Comments

  1. You all did a fabulous job! Next time, I'm going to paint my peduncles green too. I think yours look more realistic that way. Where did you pick up such cute fabric???

    Your daughters are ADORABLE! I love SM's hair. I have several African American friends and was alyas jealous of their curly hair. They always say it's nothing to be jealous of but I think it looks especially cute on little girls. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ The Happy Little Homemaker
    Thanks for such sweet compliments!

    We found the fabric at Wal-Mart. They had lots of different patterns/colors to choose from. I'm thinking of getting more b/c I also saw an apron pattern that I want to try to sew. That should be an adventure because I am not the best at sewing. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have been wanting to do this craft as well but haven't gotten to it. maybe you'll inspire me?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed!!

Popular Posts